Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Home made Christmas gift...inexpensive personalized magnets!

Well, I promised I'd post the other half of my homemade Christmas gift (from my previous post) with the help of my daughter! She wanted to be included in the exchange and these proved to be just the right thing for her.
She is a skater...and finding 'skater' things is kind of hard. I know you wouldn't think so, but it is. But, much to my surprise this cute little wrapping paper was a the Dollar Store. For? a dollar!
If you look really close you can see the skates...so cute. And, the perfect size for this project.



I'm not going to give a step by step....1)because i'm not good at it and 2) you ladies are clever enough to figure this simple project out! I know you are!
I collected the paper. You can use any paper w/any design on it. You'll see at the end the scrapbook paper we picked out to go with the aprons in a previous post. I don't recommend printing anything from your computer...it runs! Trust me....I know.

Basically you trace your image w/the glass bead. (I think that is what they are called). I found these at Hobby Lobby. They are a little on the larger side. You use Elmers glue to apply your image to the back side of the stone. Once it dries (it will dry clear) you can hot glue magnets to the back.

These are the papers we chose. They're fun and they match everyone's kitchens (and aprons).
And, everyone got a bonus pair of ice skate magnets, from my daughter (the skater).

The best part.....they cost about 20 cents to make. (her friends and teachers will be getting the skate one's for sure!)

Now, where to link up? Sorry, not sure why i'm messing up the linky things today!

http://www.reinventedkb.com/2009/12/treasure-of-giveaway.html

http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/2009/11/holiday-highlights-3.html

http://asoftplace.net/

http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

http://todayscreativeblog.blogspot.com/















9 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your fabulous project via Between Naps on the porch. I really love this idea and it is so nice that your daughter helped too. Can't wait to see what you do next time!
    Best wishes, Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute...nice idea for children to make! Happy Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift idea! Love that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love these because I have so many different papers & wallpapers that would make awesome magnets & gifts! I'm trying this one! Come see mine and tell me what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just linked over,went back and read all of your posts, and added you to my favorites. I'm a Hoosier too, but from one of the little towns (a 100 people in the middle of a corn field type of place). My kids grew up in a suburb of Chicago, but always loved visiting Grandpa in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every year I give my daughters ornaments celebrating events that occured in their life that year (i.e. a car when they got their drivers license, a Chinese inspired one when my daughter moved to Hong Kong to teach, etc). I plan on making your "picture pebbles" with year numbers to attach to the ornaments. It will look so much better than the paper tags I currently use.

    ReplyDelete