Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bumble Bees

About 10 years ago we were in San Diego, California for my brother's wedding. As with every trip I take I pick up a small 'trinket' (usually made by a local artist) for my curio cabinet. At that time I remember seeing on HGTV several salvage yard visits and thought that if I ever had the chance I would certainly visit one. Well, there we were and so I did! While I was searching through 'stuff' I came acrossed an awesome piece of tile w/a bumble bee on it. I so love things with a little meaning that I had to snatch it up. See, the bumble bee is the Wisconsin state insect. Did you know that states even had such a thing? Living in Indiana and being married to someone from Wisconsin I thought how cool to have a little piece of rememberance from the trip and significance of his heritage around. I'm sure someone else sees it as just a piece of tile w/bumble bees. But I love it.
So, in searching for a good blog page background I came across this one. I think it is pretty sweet!

http://www.wisconsin.gov/state/core/wisconsin_state_symbols.html

No comments:

Post a Comment